Medical Billing Training And Online Certification Advice Other Websites Won’t Tell You!
4-6-8 or 12 Week Online Medical Billing Training And Certification Advice Every Potential Medical Biller Should Know!
Congratulations, on choosing medical billing as a career in the workforce or as a home based business pursuit in 2014! However, You Need To Be Aware that 85% of those that enroll in online classes pick the wrong type of medical billing training program!
I Am In No Way Saying…that you taking a 4-6-8 week online course is a bad choice because that’s how I got the majority of my education (yup, I took all my billing, coding, transcription, business and marketing classes online. In December 2012 I even learned how to code and create this website from an online school).
What I am saying is…How you go about researching, evaluating and ultimately picking your billing course is where most people fail miserably.
Let me prove it to you in case you don’t know what I’m talking about, you are in deep denial as some of those that I have had the displeasure of mentoring or you just don’t believe what I’m saying. When people go online to make a purchase they usually do the following:
- They Google or Bing for what they want,
- They research the item using the top 10, 12 or 15 search results,
- They look for the cheapest price they can get for the item (including shipping and handling charges),
- They take into consideration the amount of time it will take for the item to arrive, and lastly,
- They make their purchase.
We are all mirrors of each other so I know you feel where I’m coming from because you’ve done it yourself, right?
So, when you are looking for 4-6-8 or 12 week online medical billing training, what act of god, would make you do anything differently!!! OK, You Agree With Me But I Can Hear You Thinking…
Who Is This Guy And Why Should I Listen To His Medical Billing Certification Advice?
Well, this is where I’m supposed to go into I did this and that, I belong to such-n-such organization and to basically give you the rags to riches story (or at least that’s what I learned in my marketing classes, lol) but that’s not my style.
I made this page to strictly speak to you candidly about getting you PROPERLY TRAINED as a working medical biller or medical billing business owner and get you certified to be whichever one you choose!
If you really want to learn who I am and why I’m know in the healthcare industry as “The Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Mastermind” then click this link. Now, there’s alot for us to cover so let’s move on to…
Free Medical Billing Training VS Paid For Courses
Just like anything else in this world there are two sides to a coin and when it comes to you wanting to learn medical billing online it’s no different.
As much as it pains me to say, many people that want to enter into this industry try to do so by searching the internet for free medical billing classes, free medical billing training online and free online medical certification courses to name a few.
Simply put those that search for the terms above ONLY do so because they want to avoid the expense of enrolling in a paid program. While I can understand their thinking, I have to question their judgment because I know they are fully aware of the saying “You Get What You Pay For”!
I have yet to find a free medical biller training course online that will truly prepare someone to become a professional and competent medical biller or medical billing business owner. However, since I am asked about free online billing courses all the time by those I mentor I felt it would be biased of me not to speak upon the topic on this webpage.
Since 2002 I have been searching for an free medical billing online certification course that I could confidently endorse to my readers but NONE were available. Then in late 2008 a company by the name of Dream Force popped on the scene with a website called the Video Training Pro. To date I can not find another company online that does what they do.
You know how I feel about free medical billing training classes online so I need you to understand right now, that while I am supplying a link to their website I Am In No Way Endorsing It As A Viable Alternative to other well known and reputable paid medical billing schools online. Here is the link to the site and if you use their services you are doing so at you own risk:
With that being said, let’s discuss the…
12 Must Know Facts About 4-6-8 or 12 Week Online Medical Billing Classes:
1) The instructors Must Be experienced billing professionals and if you are taking the class in order to start a medical billing business they Must Be or have been a medical billing business owner.
2) You Must enroll in a school that specializes in what you are seeking to learn not by an Educational Clearinghouse (you know, the type of school that teaches everything from accounting to zoology. lol).
3) You Must Not enroll in online medical billing courses that will take you 2 years to complete unless you are also being trained to become a nationally certified medical coder or transcriptionist.
4) You Must Not enroll in any “Boot Camp Type” programs (one’s that say they can train you within a week).
5) There is no need for you to enroll in 4-6-8 or 12 week online medical billing training and certification classes or schools that charge more than $1ooo unless you are also being trained in another healthcare specialty such as transcription or coding.
6) You Should Not enroll in a course that doesn’t also train you to sit, take and pass either the online CMBP exam or the CMRS exam.
7) Your online training program Must give you enough time to finish the course at your own pace because everyone learns differently.
8) Any good school will offer you payment options because everyone’s financial situation is different.
9) A good course will ask you if you’d like a list of present students and alumni so you can contact them for a non-biased review of what you can expect if you chose to enroll.
10) A great medical billing training program Must cover the following 6 subjects in depth:
- Introduction To Medical Billing,
- Medical Office Procedures,
- Documentation And Records,
- Compliant Code Usage,
- The Billing and Reimbursement Process (including electronic submission),
- Billing Software Usage, and lastly
If you are seeking to start your own medical billing business the follow 2 subjects Must also be covered in depth:
- How To Properly Run and Operate Your Medical Billing Business, and
- How To Effectively Market Your Medical Billing Business To Get Clients
What I’m saying here is that training to become a medical billing professional is not rocket science so your 4-6-8 or 12 week class and/or school should not be training you like it is! The above is all you need and if your medical billing training course/program goes above what I have mentioned it’s usually a sign that they are ONLY trying to justify how much they are going to charge you to enroll.
11) Your medical billing training program should test you regularly during your time with them. I prefer courses that test you after you learn every chapter and doesn’t allow you to move on to the next until you pass that chapters exam.
12) No online course should tell you that it’s a MUST that you get certified in order to get you to enroll. There are no rules or regulations in the USA that require a medical biller to be certified! I endorse becoming certified because with it you’ll stand out from 95% of the other billers you will be competing against in the workplace or in business.
As Of December 2013, I Have Taken And Reviewed 37 Online Medical Billing Training Courses But ONLY 2 Have Lived Up To All The Points I Previously Mentioned!
Before I get to which 2 online 4-6-8 or 12 week medical billing training programs I refer all the students I mentor too, here’s the top 8 reasons why I do:
1) Both Are Comprehensive And Interactive So You Won’t Get Bored,
2) The Instructors, Moderators and Owners Are Experienced, Professional Medical Billers And Medical Billing Business Owners,
3) You Can Complete Each Chapter/Module At Your Own Pace (most complete the medical billing course in 4, 6 or 8 weeks),
4) The 1st training course costs between $170 – $699 depending on the option you choose ($699 Deluxe Program, $599 Complete Program, $499 Employment Program (and you only need to complete chapters 1-7), and the, $170 Pay-As-You-Go Program (which includes your enrollment fee and chapter 1 of the course. When you are ready to move on to any of the other chapters you pay $70 for each one until you complete them all),
5) The 2nd training course costs between $329 – $999 depending on the option you choose ($999 10 Course Bundle #1 Program, $799 8 Course Bundle #2 Program, $329 3 Course Bundle #3 Program. What makes this course MORE SPECIAL TO ME IS – unlike all the other online programs this is the ONLY one that is constantly updated (daily & weekly) on the fly by the instructors as things change in the industry! So my students are learning what is actually happening today instead of having to take refresher courses to stay abreast of the ever-changing rules, regulations, policy and reimbursement procedures,
6) Both Are Very Reputable, Well Know Online Medical Billing Schools With Great Standings At The Better Businesses Bureau,
7) Both Medical Billing Training Courses Consist Of 9 = 10 Online Interactive Chapters Of Learning Material,
8) Both Give You A Diploma/Certificate Once You Complete All The Course Modules To Verify Your Newly Acquired Skills,
I could go on for days as to why these are my favorite 4-6-8 or 12 week online medical billing training courses, lol. What you must do right now is, visit the websites yourself and you’ll know deep down which one is right for you and your budget!
PLEASE NOTE: Some of my students have asked if I can refer them to a reputable online medical coding/billing course instead of just medical billing training because they were looking to gain employment within a hospital, clinic, insurance company, etc. If you need this information click the link below and see which online coding course I endorse:
P.S: For the most updated and detailed information about the proper way to setup, start and operate a successful home based billing business immediately download my ebook entitled “The Medical Billing Home Business Bible” you can’t miss it, it’s located in the column to your right, close to the top
I really enjoyed sharing with you today and I hope you learned how to research, evaluate and ultimately pick the best 4-6-8 or 12 week online medical billing certification training for either employment purposes or to start a home based medical billing business.
Here Is To Your Success,
“The Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Mastermind”
P.S.S: Don’t forget to hover your mouse over the “Medical Billing Tips” tab under the logo a the top of the page for more advice.
External 4, 6 or 8 Week Medical Billing Training References: